Monday, November 12, 2007

Save you it will not

So, I was in the bathroom last week and came across this ad:
Now, besides the fact that one can't even use the bathroom anymore without being bombarded with advertisements that try to convince you to buy stuff, I found this ad to be particularly ridiculous. I'd just like to go on record as saying MONEY WILL NOT SAVE YOU!!! What a farce. What idolatry. Maybe I should sneak in there and replace it with an add that says:

Save your money, you Fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you.. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be? (Luke 12:20).

Do I put money into an IRA every month? Yes
Do I spend money each month on a car payment and a house payment? Yes
Do I accumulate stuff on a regular basis? Yes
Do I trust in all of these things to bring me "security" and salvation? Absolutely not

Money: Save you it will not.

4 comments:

Teri said...

true, true.
Though I have to say that the idea of saving money as opposed to going into debt buying bunches of stuff we don't need is a good one.
I hate public restrooms. when will someone save me from them and their germs?

Anonymous said...

I think it is funny you had a camera in the bathroom!

Alan Bancroft said...

Just to set the record straight, I used the digital camera on my cell phone to take the picture. I don't make it a habit of carrying a camera into the bathroom. Geez. :)

Elizabeth said...

though the points you make are good ones, alan, i have to say my favorite part of this blog post is that i get to think of you in the bathroom...aaah, that will get me through my day!