Friday, January 07, 2005

Car shopping

Today I spent some time shopping for cars with my Dad. I'm thankful I'm not a car salesman. I don't think I'd be very good at it. Anyway, I'm comparing various mock-SUVs as I like to call them...stuff like the Subaru Outback, Saturn Vue, and Ford Freestyle. I think I have this delusion of grandeur that I'm a total outdoorsman who needs a bunch of cargo room, you know, for hauling my tent and stuff like that. I don't even own a tent, although I kind of wish I did. I do love the camping...why is it that the meaning of something changes when you put a "the" in front of it. I think I picked that one up from Laurie Taylor and Lindsey Wade.
Anyways, back to the car shopping. I had to give my name and address to everybody before we could even talk about prices and sit in the vehicle. I mean, chances are I won't even buy the darned thing here. For what it's worth, I enjoyed the Saturn Vue a good bit.
Yesterday I babysat for some kids named Sam and Sophie. They are really fun kids...so full of energy. We sat down to "watch" Return of the Jedi, but one or the other of them was talking through the whole thing. Yes, that's right, I allowed someone to talk while I was watching a Star Wars movie. It's amazing how much kids will trust an adult. I mean, these kids just met me but they're telling me all kinds of stuff. When do we lose that?
I think I'm gonna head to Kansas City to hang out with Anna (my sister) tomorrow. I'm interested in going to church with her on Sunday. It sounds like a cool place to worship. I'm still pretty frustrated that the minister made her get re-baptized in order to become a member...actually, frustrated is a mild term...it outright pisses me off. He gave some explanation of authority or some other evangelical nonsense. Anyway, I'm eager to check it out. I'm sure we'll spend some time with Jimmy while I'm there. If Anna's up for it, I might call my friend Emily as well.
I'm getting a little antsy about the call process. I'm so eager to jump into the mix and see what God has in store for me. I want to get out there and find a church to serve. I love school, but it's so great to be a part of the regular life of a church. I'm finding that I miss the Shandon folk more than I had anticipated.

0 comments: