Saturday, September 03, 2005

A sad day...I have no game



It's now official. As this photo shows, the Buick, the Maroon Marauder, the hooptie, the official vehicle of Alan Bancroft has been towed away to be sold or used for spare parts or whatever. I donated the proceeds to the American Diabetes Association. I stood on my porch and watched as she was hoisted onto the tow truck and driven away. I didn't cry, but it was definitely an emotional moment. For all of you who have enjoyed her sweet ride, I hope that you'll remember her in your own way.

On a totally unrelated note, I had a moment the other day when I realized that I have absolutely, positively, no game. I was standing in the checkout line at Publix, and this cute girl in front of me turned around and began talking to me. After an initial "How are you?" I complimented her on her "ensemble," and then froze up. I just stood there like an idiot. This moment of "no game" brought to you by the letter L, for loser.

1 comments:

Andy said...

Hey Alan
sorry about the car, but definitely a good cause you're donating it to. Ben's pancrease is thanking you.
Don't beat yourself up too much over the girl thing. I was just as bad till I met Elizabeth. Nice guys always have a hard time being smooth with the ladies, but the right one is out there dude, the one who'll keep talking and want to be with you even after you freeze up.